Civil Servant

A humble civil servant I must be…
…holding the priorities of the public at large in one hand,
…holding the laws of man in the other,
…caring I’m to be…

Mistrusted I’m disgusted with the process of time…
…to help one another I’ve got to
…jump the hoop
…scale the firewall
…and transverse the red divide.

All the time to keep in mind that what one does is seen by all…
…needless it is to help the one for the multitude will demand it all…
…if refused it breaks the tide
…none can weather it
…all succumb to its pressure.

Pressure from above and pressure from beneath…
…the world turns gray to me,
…a sudden thought occurs to me and I am saved,
…none dare approach me for I’ve prepared,
…access to the knowledge is gained through experience and none can question it.

For I am a servant working in the cause of all…
…aware of whom I am…
…a Public Guardian none can match

For I am a humble civil servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of the blog, its pages, including all text and images, unless otherwise stated, are the sole property of the author (Jacobus Gideon Hanekom) and may not be used, reproduced, or reposted in any manner without written consent. All rights reserved.