An Unforgettable Event

During the day all was strangely calm, never had I seen the lake so quiet.
Restlessness would not abate for I could not shake the feeling of being watched.
All looked as it should, the wind was blowing, woodland noises came and went.
Given a day like this we would normally spend it on the lake, yet…
…only it was no normal day; I could feel a call invoking me to come…
…never before had I felt such a pull, a yearning to follow a call.

Reckless perhaps was I to venture forth as night laid claim to the sky.
Everything was telling me to return home and bolt the door.
But I did not, I stepped forth and found my feet had a mind of their own.
On the edge of the lake I found a raft, strange I thought never to have seen it before.
Returning home was no option now I could not resist the call.
Never one to back down from a fight I rowed out to the centre of the black lake.

Many a man had heard the call that was to claim me tonight, yet none answered.
As this was my destiny I now recall in fondness how terrified I was at first sight.
Sinister it looked glowing near core and axis of the lake’s bottom.
Trust was difficult for the calling was leading me below and I was bound to follow.
Entering the blackness it felt like the day of days finally arrived.
Reckoning would take place this night to see if I was worthy.

Placing the small round stone on the raft it glowed from within with stronger beat.
Lost was I as to what to do, when voice on breeze came at me that night.
Enter into bondage with me and I shall bestow all my gifts onto thee…
…Do you accept this charge I place or shall I return into the night.
Grasping where the voice came from I could not find my voice.
Everything I had learned till then said run, but I felt it in my heart.
Dragon Reborn and Master Pledged walked away into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of the blog, its pages, including all text and images, unless otherwise stated, are the sole property of the author (Jacobus Gideon Hanekom) and may not be used, reproduced, or reposted in any manner without written consent. All rights reserved.