A Letter Of Regret

Angel I am so sorry for the way I chose to do this.

Letters are seldom the best way to express regret and sorrow.
Early too late I thought how best to soften the blow.
Talking face to face I could not do, for my tears would drown us both.
Treasure of my heart you must know the fault is all my own.
Evil condemned me for the deed I could not keep from myself.
Reading this you will find I left in flight during the night.

Trust is something I stole from you without your knowledge.
Oh, if only I had not done it, we could’ve been good you and me.

Your wondering what I did that caused my flight aren’t you…
Other than to say in time you might understand; all I can say is I love you.
Underneath all my bravado I am and will always be a coward and traitor.

Forgive me for he meant nothing, as I lay in his arms I thought only of you.
Reasons aplenty there were, I wasn’t myself that day… I was angry at the world…
Oh if only one of them would sound good enough… my grief would be for naught.
My heart is shattered beyond repair and I fear I’ll do the same to you.

My fondest hope is that you shall meet someone worthy of your love.
Envious of her I’ll always be… farewell my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of the blog, its pages, including all text and images, unless otherwise stated, are the sole property of the author (Jacobus Gideon Hanekom) and may not be used, reproduced, or reposted in any manner without written consent. All rights reserved.