Soothed Mayhem

In a craze of light the ray breaches the forest canopy.
It filters from tallest tree all the way through to lowest shrub.
The gloom that swathes my senses for an age lifts for a moment.
The hidden path in front of me opens its wonders for all to see…
…and the fear I feel drifts off in a gentle wind.

It seems the woods are welcoming me.
I know that this is not the case for I am the trespasser here.
The birds do not sing their song of tranquillity...
…neither fawn nor fowl do I see or hear in my vicinity.

All I feel is the gaze of a watchful intellect…
…as the light goes absent again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of the blog, its pages, including all text and images, unless otherwise stated, are the sole property of the author (Jacobus Gideon Hanekom) and may not be used, reproduced, or reposted in any manner without written consent. All rights reserved.