The Sound

From far away yet so near I could touch it…
…not clear nor faint, not hard nor soft
…harsh – yet also beautiful,
…it echo’s in my mind.

Did I imagine it?
Was it real?
What or who made it?
How was it made?
There it is again!!

Such a strange sound I’ve never before heard…
…it’s the witching hour.
…all is quiet now.

Then I see it – better said her…
…Mother Nature smiled at me,
…I saw Father Time bow his head,
…my time had come.

I was not afraid anymore…
…I met my Maker,
…I was safe now.

I had come home to my heart and there sitting by my fire…
was the beloved of my life.

I accepted my Lord Jesus Christ as my…
…Savor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of the blog, its pages, including all text and images, unless otherwise stated, are the sole property of the author (Jacobus Gideon Hanekom) and may not be used, reproduced, or reposted in any manner without written consent. All rights reserved.