Misplaced

Irresistibly superficial my life thus far has been
Forever in a halo my years seem to loop end on end
Everywhere I turn I face a red brick divide.

Everything I do turns to dust, grime and powder
Lost is my freedom as it breathes one last breath
Sanity I fear is not far behind and what then I ask?

Orphaned from reason my future is misplaced
Life, my life seems ill-equipped to last the passage
Options seem few and far in-between to me!

Slowly the fear swells for I know my future name
Tramp will be my vocation… and I see no way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of the blog, its pages, including all text and images, unless otherwise stated, are the sole property of the author (Jacobus Gideon Hanekom) and may not be used, reproduced, or reposted in any manner without written consent. All rights reserved.