Transfixed

Stealth has failed me here in this jungle of doubts.
It seems that all notice my passing, yet...
...none dare intervene to save my soul.

I have been cast out into a clearing for all to see,
the expectations are merry for they crave the fall...
...I plan to disappoint them.

Many a moon has risen over what will be my grave, yet...
...this is not yet the day that it shall be filled.

Sounds start returning to my senses.
It seems the jungle has taken stock and...
...decided to move on with its own cycles.

The bright sunlight streams through the canopy above,
the wind rustles the grass at my feet...
...I dare not move for I feel the eyes still searching.

In and out the gaze of persecution I seem to be...
...caught - transfixed within this moment of awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of the blog, its pages, including all text and images, unless otherwise stated, are the sole property of the author (Jacobus Gideon Hanekom) and may not be used, reproduced, or reposted in any manner without written consent. All rights reserved.