MY MOTHER (1ST)

Why do I treat you in this way?
I always overlook you, still you care.

Oh, why don't you forsake me?
You treat me like a bird, flying high in the sky.
I treat you like mud, stuck on a shoe!

You keep on giving love, yet all I give is sorrow.

Why do I cause such pain?
Why take trouble, when you could have leisure?

I thought I gave you all I had,
now I know,
I gave you nothing.
No memories kind and sweet and
no caring looks.

Yet you love me, knowing my shame.
Knowing who I have become.

And yet in all my hate and sorrow,
I know I can depend on you!!
My Mother!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of the blog, its pages, including all text and images, unless otherwise stated, are the sole property of the author (Jacobus Gideon Hanekom) and may not be used, reproduced, or reposted in any manner without written consent. All rights reserved.