My Mother

Caring love cold as a shower,
never before and never after,
shall one as you love me again.

You cradle me at youth,
protect me as I mature,
scold me in contempt and yet…
…always in love

Was not for you… I would not care,
was not for you… I would not live,
was not for you… I would not love.

Hold me as I go into the world,
do not protect me… only guide me,
for I am man and woman’s child, bold and foolish…
…yet as always it shall be – unknowing.

Forsake me not… for with me pride was born,
good and evil I can do…that all mankind can do,
but that what I’ve been taught not all mankind can do – care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of the blog, its pages, including all text and images, unless otherwise stated, are the sole property of the author (Jacobus Gideon Hanekom) and may not be used, reproduced, or reposted in any manner without written consent. All rights reserved.