Endless Nights

Striding along the path to blissfulness,
once more I flounder on my path.
It seems I am cursed once more,
to haunt the sunless circadian cosmos.

The sandman does not visit this domain,
he strides through twilight in fright…
…who can save the soulless demon,
“Not me!” he shrieks into the night.

Yet strangely neither affliction,
nor racing heart have I.
Breathing comes natural.
No fear of blaring into the night.
The darkness feels like ally.
Not nightmare lining room in delay…
…yet the night permeates it all.

Moonlight bright shines in the endless night…
…as all are entwined in its almighty might.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of the blog, its pages, including all text and images, unless otherwise stated, are the sole property of the author (Jacobus Gideon Hanekom) and may not be used, reproduced, or reposted in any manner without written consent. All rights reserved.