My Kindred Soul

Silent in the night I lay awake.
Dreaming of the one I do not know,
a glazed picture clouding my mind…
…of a demon that knows me yet ignores me.

Neither rest nor sleep would come my way…
…for I knew this one was near.

If only to show my endless love
I would envelop this soul… my soul…
…that is mirrored in another…

Never would I allow despair to enter our life.
To the one I know to be my own…
…I would dedicate my life.

Walking from room to room I search.
Trying to find a reason for this chill in my bones.
Never finding this specter of the night.

My life lonely I now must face…
…never knowing where to find my kindred soul.

Morning comes dull as ever…
My evening personified by grief...
Only at night I dare to hope…
…To find my kindred soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of the blog, its pages, including all text and images, unless otherwise stated, are the sole property of the author (Jacobus Gideon Hanekom) and may not be used, reproduced, or reposted in any manner without written consent. All rights reserved.